Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ten Years Later, My Foot Still Hurts.

For those that have known me for a while, you will no doubt know the story of a child prodigy hurdler getting cut down in her prime (ok, I was 15) by a broken foot and a bit of surgery, only to have the Olympic dream shoved in her face by one Jana Pittman.

Almost to the day, it has been ten years since the surgery.

My quest to walk half way around the world has been primarily to prove that a broken foot can't tie me down. Truth is that I am excruiciating pain, every day. And for some reason, today just got that little bit harder.

I find it strange to think that normal people don't have to deal with incredible amounts of throbbing, stabbing, aching pain in their foot, daily.

The internet was still on dial-up when I had the surgery to REMOVE A BONE IN MY FOOT, so I thought it would only be fitting to have a google image search on the surgery I actually had.

The images are hectic.
I actually even had them posted up here for a day but it was too disturbing!

Click here for the image instead (1)
Click here for the image instead (2)
Click here for the image instead (3)

No wonder it still hurts...



...CLEARLY not my foot. But same scar...

No comments: