Sunday, July 4, 2010

The feeling of being homeward bound.

My life as a deckhand/stewardess on a superyacht taught me two valuable lessons:

(1) How to properly fold those annoying fitted sheets.
(2) How to tie a reliable bowline knot.

The second of these came in handy while on my flight home. Basically, I scored big time. Ended up in the middle four seats with NO ONE next to me. AIR NEW ZEALAND SUCCESS. Anyway, back in Economy for some ridiculous reason the armrests don't go all the way up. This nearly thwarted my horizontal sleeping plans until I remembered my knot-tying skills. Four headset cords later, and I was in makeshift bed heaven.



But I'm getting ahead of myself. Backtrack there for a sec. Let's start with getting on the train...



...and then the last known picture of me in San Francisco (airport).



Heading then to the glory of Santa Monica to kill some time with my mate's Pete and Dawn (and George).





As if George wasn't entertaining enough, Dawn decides that TODAY is the day to get a new tattoo. So, being the keen photo-journalist that I am, I took the old Canon along for the ride.





After leaving San Francisco at 9:30am on a Sunday, I get to Sydney at 9:30am Tuesday.



...and head STRAIGHT for a pie and a Boost.

No comments: