Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I miss you.



Besides the obvious "friends, family, pets and home cooked meals" I have found myself in a state of recent longing for my home country.

This probably has something to do with the fact I haven't been able to leave this Turkish hostel room for two days thanks to a certain dodgy kebab. No Vegemite on toast, no flat lemonade and no chocolate paddle pop's to cure me. INSTEAD these crazy Turkish women have been trying to force yogurt down my throat. I mean really??!! When did DAIRY become a good remedy for throwing up?!! Make me a tuna milkshake while you're at it.

I'll press on.

I miss:

Australian Milo.
Susan Kennedy.
NRL/AFL Tribunal reports.
Fairy Bread.
Cadbury.
Pittwater Road.
Tim Freedman.
Swanston Street.
Warringah Mall.
The heater in winter at the entrance of Myer, Bourke St.
Dodgy Chinese Food.
Fifi Box.
Havaianas.
Reports on Bec & Lleyton.
Two Dollar coins.
The RMIT building.
Fitness First.
The Sydney Harbour Tunnel.
NZ Savignon Blanc.
Skin Cancer Clinic's.
Woolies.
The sound of an Aussie pedestrian crossing button.
Boost Juice.
Pauline Hanson impersonations.
Waves.
Paddle Pops/Golden Gaytime's.
Dick Smith Peanut Butter.
Thunderstorms.
E-Tag.
Bondi Burger's at Opporto.
Gigantic Roadkill.
60km/h signs.
Glad Wrap.
Iced Vo-Vo's/Mint Slice's.
Hotted-up ute's.



And women who look for certain that their name will be Sharon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was bummed about Tim Tams and Baked Beans. I've since found them both and my life is complete again.