Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Medieval Marius.

Now, this boy deserves a post all on his own because I probably learnt the most from him. Marius is half German, half French and introduces himself as a Medieval actor. We hit it off straight away. Just when I thought I knew all I could possibly know at 26, I meet Marius the 22 year old who seemed to have it all figured out...

Marius knew EVERYONE. It was hard to walk past any pilgrim without him running up to them for a magical "I haven't seen you in 400km!" embrace. Truly an absolute gift to be around.

 I had two of the most random experiences with him - wandering the streets of Santiago playing "The theme from Titanic" on the nose flute, 








and hanging out in a tomb on the side of a mountain...playing the nose flute (there is video evidence of this, but we'll save that for the DVD extras).








Easily a Camino friend for life.

2 comments:

HD said...

Awesome.

Unknown said...

The tears are nearly running. You are "Balsam für die Seele"
Nowbody wrote something like that about me...
awesome obeisance (again, again and again)