Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Team America.

Brian and Cindy are going to hate me for these photo's.







Sadly, it's all I've got! We were trying an interactive photo session with the running of the bulls...can you see that? It's sheer TERROR on their faces...ok, you had to be there.

These two get an honourable mention because they were friends from the beginning. They accepted (and ridiculed) my love for boybands and musicals, and I accepted (and ridiculed) their love of gardening. A friendship built to last.

One of the interesting things to arise out of my conversations with these guys (besides the explanation of what an Australian "dodgy sausage" is), was Brian's concept of a life list. And no! Not just any old Anthony-Robbins-inspired-goal-setting-list, I'm talking a fully fledged "this is what I want to do before I die" list.

Brian's list highlights included:
- Learn how to play "The Piano Man" on the Piano
- Learn how to make fire without a match
- Shred wheat fields by hand with the Amish
- Write a book
- Stomp on grapes with the Italians in Southern Italy...

And the list goes on...

So it got me thinking.
And I mean, I had a LOT of time to think.

So my list got a kick start.
- Finish the Camino (tick)
- See Take That live in concert (tick)
- Visit the real life set of The Sound of Music...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, it´s true, we hate you for these photos, but we LOVE the blog.

Love,
Team America

Anonymous said...

I am Cindy's big sister... thanks for sharing the blog! Sounds like quite an amazing way to spend time.